Friday, April 29, 2005

Best line of the draft

Karen and I were watching the draft, basking in the glow of the Aaron Rodgers pick when Seattle came up on the clock. When they selected center Chris Spencer with the 26th pick, I was stupefied. I said to Karen "Whoa! Seattle just made a huge blunder. Terrible pick!" Karen said "Really? Why?" So I explained "Well, they drafted a center. His job is to hike the ball to the quarterback, and that's it. You can get a real good one in a later round, but man, wasting a first round pick on a center? I don't know, Steve's is going to be pissed." Karen thought a minute and said "All he does is hike the ball to the quarterback? Man, you tell Steve I could play that position!" I looked at my wife, all 5'2" and 100 lbs of her and said "Hon, the only problem is that the defensive guy who lines up against the center is the nose tackle. The biggest fattest 350 lb guy on the defensive line. You'd be crushed" Karen, with all of her confidence and southern charm said "No I wouldn't! I'd just tell him that if he laid a hand on me I would tell his mommy."

Look for Karen to declare her eligibility for the 2006 draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment