Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Predictions Gone Right

I was cleaning up the desktop on my computer yesterday, and came across a rough draft of an item I posted last season. Since we get about as many things wrong as right with our predictions around here, allow me a moment to pat myself on the back for these two good ones... One of them eerily accurate...

Posted on 10/10/2007, after week 5, Power Rankings for the league:

"Playoff Teams:

AFC: Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Titans, Ravens, Raiders (someone has to win the AFC West, right?)
NFC: Packers, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks, Lions, Giants"

Wow, not bad. Only 1 NFC miss (Skins instead of Lions, who, to be fair, were 3-1 at that point I think.) 2 AFC misses - Jags and Chargers instead of Ravens and Raiders.(Wow, did I really pick the Raiders?) Hitting on 9 of the 12 playoff teams only 5 weeks into the season means something.. Either I got lucky, or I was able to really feel which teams were truly good and bad. I'll chalk it up to luck.

So look for the tradition to continue, with another Power Rankings item after week 5!

Now for the other accurate item:
"2. Patriots
Some more quotes I sent to Anonymous: "Oh and repeat after me again: "I am a Patriots fan, I am spoiled by success, and I can expect ZERO sympathy from the Steves this season. None whatsoever." Also, did you see the Browns accusing Vrabel of going for the knees? Between that and Wilfork, there's some bad karma building up. You've been warned." While they're enjoying running up the score against everybody as a big "F You" to those who might think their video-taping shennanigans, what goes around comes around. The Football Gods have not finished with this scenario yet. And while Tom Brady gets allllllll my love, he's about due for a torn ACL, isn't he? I mean, if Patriots players are going for opposing QBs' knees, (something they absolutely do not need to do to win), it's just a matter of time before someone gives them a taste of their own medicine."

No comments:

Post a Comment