Thursday, January 20, 2005

Yikes and Double Yikes

I’ve missed blogging, but with my workload picking up and my DSL down at home I’ve barely had time to scratch my ass. Hang on a sec, gotta scratch my ass. Ahhhh! Nothing beats the sweet scrape of relief.



OK, here’s what you missed: The Packers lost to the Vikings, and thus ended the grand experiment we’ve called Double Yikes. Double Yikes is Mike Sherman GM and Mike Sherman Coach, and the term was pirated from an article St. Ides sent me once that had this line “Mike Sherman is still their coach? Double Yikes!”



So as coach and GM, Mike Sherman became Double Yikes. It seemed appropriate until Bob Harlan mercifully removed the GM title from Sherman’s resume and hired Ted Thompson to assume full control of the organization. Ted seems like a funny guy. I like him. I like Mike Sherman too, but I have to ask. It’s Thursday. Why is Bob Slowik still employed? Yikes!



Hmmm…



Yikes is a pretty good football coach. The players seem to like him too, all except for Mike McKenzie. Yesterday I tried to find his email address so I could send him a reminder to fire Bob Slowick. I figure Yikes had a tough week (after loosing his title and all) and he may have forgot. My web searches were fruitless so today I’m breaking out my geek hat and I’m going to use nslookup and a few other geek tools. Needless to say, Yikes is going to be visited by Samichlaus himself. I figure the email would go something like this:



Dear Mr. Sherman,



It’s Thursday. Why is Bob Slowik still employed? Have a great day!



Steve Samichlaus.



PS: Samichlaus isn’t my real name just like Yikes isn’t your real name. Wait, you don’t know about that. Never mind.



In a way, I’m glad the Packers season ended the way it did. I’m hoping the image of Randy Moss wiping his ass on the goalpost stays in the minds of the players, the coaches, the all too forgiving fans, and the new GM. Years ago, 49er Terrell Owens tried to do a touchdown celebration on the 50 yard line in Texas Stadium… and was promptly knocked on his ass by Cowboy (and ex-Packer) George Teague. There’s no one on this Packer team, no one, with the guts to do that to Moss. The Packers need tough snot-bubbling hitters on defense, and a tough snot-bubbling defensive coordinator.



Is Buddy Ryan still alive???



No comments:

Post a Comment