Thursday, September 13, 2007

Holy Fuck

I really love Roger Goodell. He's the first guy to put a world class beat down on the Patriots since Desmond Howard did it in January of 1997. Half a mil from the coach, a quarter mil from the team and the Pats first round pick if they make the playoffs is nothing short of monstrous. Of course, New England has two first round picks this year so this only means they're going to have their usual fantastic draft as opposed to a ridiculously spectacular draft. And would someone explain to me how the Cowboys got Cleveland's first round pick??? But I digress...

This is a severe punishment. In fact, the only jackass who thinks this wasn't severe enough is John Clayton, who judging by his picture used to get beat up a lot by jocks and football coaches. Probably has some mother issues as well. Either way, I think the punishment is fair and correct, and whats more I'm really starting to dislike this Bill Belichick. I used to think he was a class act, but between this and the whole boffing a married woman while he was married really ruined it for me. Belichick may be a great football coach, but he isn't a very good man, even if the married woman was a really hot MILF (I'm not saying she was, I've never seen her. I'm just saying, you know, that it shouldn't matter, right?). It turns out that Belichick is a self serving egotistical pig who cheats on his wife and cheats with his team. Note to the IRS: I'd be fixin' to send an auditor or two over to Bill's place if I were you. I also read that this wasn't the first time the Pats had been caught. Apparently Packers officials had spotted a cameraman with Patriots credentials who was not supposed to be on the sidelines last season. They asked him to stop filming, and he did. But again I have to ask: what did they gain from cheating? The Patriots were going to destroy the Packers in that game, there was no reason to risk cheating.

You know who Bill Belichick reminds me of? Richard Nixon. Now there was a paranoid fucker if there ever was one. Nixon had the '72 election in the bag. He was truly loved by the "silent majority" and was guaranteed to be re-elected. So what happens? He gets involved in Watergate, an event that never should have happened, and the rest is history. I wonder if history will repeat itself? I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots?

5 comments:

  1. The truth is, if its the beginning of the end of BB, then any, and I mean ANY team would fire their coach to get him on their sidelines. Who care if he's a dickbag, he gets his team prepared to win every Sunday. He can bang as many chicks as he wants, married or not married (he was in the process of getting a divorce by the way) as long as the Pats are carrying some more lombardi hardware.

    I think the punishment was fair, a little severe, but I can take it. Truthfully it does absolutely nothing to the Pats since they already had 2 first rounders.

    One thing it does, the Patriot organization used to be this symbol of Excellence and everyone admired them, now however, this gives every fan a reason to loathe them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what you're saying, but for me it's not about "just win baby". I actually do care about what kind of a person leads (or plays for) my team.

    And for the record, according to court documents Belichick and Sharon Shenocca allegedly have carried on an affair for 20 years, dating back to when she worked as a secretary for the Giants. It's no wonder he was in the process of getting a divorce.

    One thing I've seen, and I've seen this happen time and time again, is when the moral inequities of an individual are exposed, the person tends to begin a catastrophic downward spiral. It's almost as though what ever skills and powers they possessed before are stripped from them. It happened to John Rocker this way. Michael Vick too.

    I'm guessing the exposure of Belichick as "the other man" in 2006 was the first step, and this is the next step.

    but man could he coach a football game...

    On a positive note, I just had this vision of Bill Cowher roaming the sidelines in Foxboro...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "court documents" puh ;)

    Bil Cowher...hmm, is that truly positive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...which actually raises an interesting question: If Bill Belichick wasn't your head coach, who would you like to see coaching the Pats? No active head coaches allowed.

    Begin young Skywalker...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the penalty is fair.

    I think Samichlaus is just guessing at the Cowher thing.

    And I think the Cowboys got the Browns' first round pick next year as part of the deal to move up and take Brady Quinn.

    ReplyDelete