Thursday, September 3, 2009

SBS Steves Agree to Terms, Return for a Fourth Season.

The Steves are back!

With time running out on the domain renewal, the Steves have agreed to terms and have signed on for a fourth season of blogging at Sports Blog Steves. Although the negotiations weren't nearly as colorful as the last time, the Steves have committed to maintain the blog and to update it frequently. "We sucked last year" noted Steve St. Ides, "I'm pretty busy this year, but I can make time each week from home at night to do a post or two." For Steve Samichlaus, a little support from St. Ides was all he needed. "I think that's all I needed to hear: I'm in. Last year was tough."

Samichlaus went further, discussing the loss of readership and the difficulties maintaining a blog that has no readers: "Once Brady went out Anonymous stopped participating, and Ki Ki was a lost cause last year. With out Brett playing she really didn't get into football at all. Essentially we lost 100% of our readership."

The Steves are hoping that a renewed commitment along with their usual high level of journalistic skills will bring back their loyal following and perhaps attract some new readership.

"I don't understand why an annoying yentah like Dooce has thousands upon thousands of readers daily and we only get a mild bump of like what, twenty, when I write about the fat cooze who clipped me out of fifteen large." said Samichlaus. "Maybe it's because Dooce is , well what's the word, interesting?"

Stay tuned headless readers...

2 comments:

  1. i'm back for all things football. giddy with anticipation of things to come this year.

    I am still awaiting the start of Pats vs Giants superbowl. I can't figure out why they haven't played the game yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This blog isn't complete without "The Big A". Nice comment on the Pats v Giants game. Way to, uhh, use your head....

    ReplyDelete