Friday, February 4, 2005

Super Bowl Analysis, Part Dos

Only 2 more days! It's Friday afternoon, the beers are on ice, you have an excuse to drink from now until late Sunday night, life is good! And about the only thing that would make it better is some light afternoon reading, and our insight into how the game will play out, right? Well, wait no more...



Do I really have to still explain the whole green and blue thing again? I didn't think so.



Basically, I'm hoping it'll be close. I'm praying for an exciting game. I want it to be a memorable Super Bowl. But I'm not holding my breath. I mean, we really can't complain too much. We've had two exciting Super Bowls that the Patriots won recently. We had that Rams-Titans game that came down to that tackle on the 1 yard line. This isn't an official count, but I think 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls have been pretty awesome and come down to the last play. That's a good streak. Too good. We're due for a blowout.



So basically, here's what happens: Pats D knows EXACTLY what the Eagles are doing at all times. They stuff the run on running plays. They pressure McNabb and are all over TO on passing plays. They pursue McNabb well when he scrambles. McNabb throws a pick early, and never really recovers. I'll say on Philly's 3rd possesion of the game, with the score 7-3 Pats, that seems about the time for him to implode.



New England on the other hand... Well, I know they can't really claim the "no respect" thing, but I will admit that I think people don't realize their offense is as good as it is. They have a very solid running game. The have a QB who doesn't get rattled and seems to almost never make bad decisions. And they have receivers who catch the damn ball. (Just ask Seattle how important that is. Ugh. Old wounds re-opening quickly.... Blood dripping out and getting on my keyboard... Let's move on.) Oh and they have a kicker who never fucking misses. As good as this Eagles defense may be, I think the Pats will move the ball, and score.



Final score prediction: New England 26, Philadelphia 16




And now, a poem from Mr. Samichlaus to put a wrap on this NFL season:



Finishing a season with poetic justice….



When all the hype has come and gone

And all the air time’s sold

The field is where the game is played

Enjoyed by young and old.



Embolden warriors, clad in pads

Engage in ancient battle

Where teeth will fall, snot will bubble

And bones will surely rattle.



Eagles soar, Patriots attack,

A pass, a score, and then

At final gun, prevails just one…

Patriots 31 -10



2 comments:

  1. yeah, thats about right. I can't wait to see the "derek lowe face" or "peyton manning face" after he throws an interception early and looks like rolthesberger the rest of the way. And I hope for a blowout, so I can drink beers and not be nervous and become belligerent (which happens during close games, and my wife is forced to leave me to watch the game alone)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gentle Reader,

    Let me guess, you're a Pats fan? I don't know much about you, but assuming I'm right, you're a fan of one of the best NFL teams ever, and you have a wife that watches football with you.

    Nice.

    God probably gave you a big dick while he was at it.

    ReplyDelete