Saturday, January 5, 2008

Now it gets interesting..

The end of God, faith, help from heaven above and the Washington Redskins came for me when NBC broke out the "We want the ball and we're gonna score!" clip. I love that clip if for nothing else than the goofy grin on Hasselbeck's face. That and the part where Al Harris intercepts the pass and runs it in for the game winning touchdown. Come to think of it, that was during the "Irv Favre is watching from heaven above" season, wasn't it? Right... Irv was watching but he couldn't defend 4th and 26 the following week against the Eagles.

Of all the teams the Packers could have faced next week, the Seahawks are by and large the best of the bunch. I imagine we're in for a great game, and honestly I can't tell you who is going to win. This game could go either way, with evenly matched defenses, offenses, and special teams squads. I also imagine you're all in for a busy week of reading because the two of us are going to have a fucking field day with this. Especially St. Ides, who I imagine will write a blog that rivals "War and Peace"

Just be advised: I'm back on the job next week, so my insights probably will come early and late. But I know this is the matchup we've all wanted... may the best team win, beat Dallas, and have the honor of getting their asses kicked by the Patriots in Phoenix.

5 comments:

  1. This is great, but it would've been nicer for the NFC championship game. Oh man, I can't believe you two have to fight this out. What's sad is the loser will probably not show themself on this blog again until next September.

    Early line: Seattle getting 8.5 points. Seems crazy right??

    Oh, and we all should be driving Astin Martins, with the easy pick (winking) of Seattle over decomposed sean taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't feel too bad if Seattle loses at Green Bay next week. As long as the refs don't screw us over.

    And don't automatically write in the Cowboys yet! Think they can beat a hot Giants team for the 3rd time this season? (Probably, but it's not a given.)

    Speaking of the Cowboys, I stold this tidbit from a Michael Wilbon article.. But do you know where Tony Romo spent this past week? Nope, not at team HQ studying game film. In Cancun. With Jessica Simpson.

    Let all comparisons between Romo and Favre officially end right there.

    (More on the Hawks-Skins game later.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, if the Pack loses to Seattle I'll immediately start rooting for Seattle. Sure I'll be bummed, but at least I'll know my partner in crime will be celebrating.

    Prick that he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this? A friggin NBA shootaround? Where all the players hug and kiss before and after games??? NONONONO......

    I want some venom here - like St Ides can go Fuck Himself and every hasselstiff he sees. OR Samiclaus can now stop playing Favre's rusty trombome.

    bad blood is always more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christ almighty, I called him a prick for fucks sake. Goddamn you're bloodthirsty. Oh wait, right... Patriots fan.

    ReplyDelete