Friday, December 10, 2004

Why a BDF name?

There are several reasons why I chose a BDF name, in particular Samichlaus. As a non-band member I feel the need to explain:



Why a BDF name?

• I was the winner of the first BDF contest and placed in the third BDF contest. I’m still milking it. Since I did not enter the second contest that puts me in the money two for two.

• I have contributed numerous lines to BDF songs and have never asked for royalties. OK that’s a lie. I contributed one line a long time ago.

• I’m brutally honest

• BDF is kind enough to host this blog. It’s a respect thing.



Why Samichlaus?

• Samichlaus is in the Guinness book of World Records for “Worlds Strongest Beer” yet it is extremely smooth and drinkable.

• Samichlaus is brewed once a year on December 6th. It sits in casks for one year and is released at Christmas (Samichlaus = Santa Claus in Swiss)

• Samichlaus is sold for $165.00 a bottle here in Richmond, where “The Beast” is the beer of choice.

• I once got ripped on 2 bottles of Samichlaus at the Peculiar Pub on Bleeker. After vomiting fairly ubiquitously, I crawled back to bed. My cousin who was sleeping in the next room enquired if I was OK, to which I replied “Shaka, when the walls fell”.



The biggest Packer news thus far is that Favre shaved his head to show support for his wife Deanna who is facing chemotherapy and radiation treatments. When Favre was a young cocky SOB hooked on booze and vicodin, it was Deanna who really pulled him through. I don’t think he truly appreciated her until then. Their daughter Brittany was 8 years old at the time, and they remained unwed. Several weeks after he got out of counseling, they were married. He was a changed guy, and she was the constant in his life. It’s really heart warming to see them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment