Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bye Week

For those of you expecting our usual weekly picks, it is with sadness that I must inform you that the Steves are taking a bye week. This decision sort of came about on Friday, when I sent St. Ides an email saying my picks were going to be late...

Look, I had a legitimate excuse: my flight to Richmond on Thursday was rerouted, so by the time I got home, got caught up with Mrs. Samichlaus, and went to sleep it was sometime close to 2 AM. Friday was a recovery day, spent staggering around waiting for my cold medicine to wear off, and really I was in no shape to do much of anything.

Meanwhile, poor St. Ides was swamped at work, and had little time for socializing. That, along with a deep depression about the Seahawks season didn't provide much motivation for blogging about football for the I-genius, and I don't blame him

However today I'm in a good mood. It's about 72 and sunny here in the Capital of the Confederacy, perfect weather to tool around in my convertible, and goodness knows these beautiful days are dwindling...

Next week we'll be back at full strength, providing our unique insights into the world of professional football and all sorts of sports, as well as the occasional foray into the dark side of human nature...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, and as I told Anonymous, is Seattle loses two games in a row, at home, to winless teams, I'm packing it in for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray St Ides can now post again!!

    Anyone else see that College Intrasquad game in Miami on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS you were smart to not alloy me to post anything on the above blog....too smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, enough with this stuff, what once was a sports blog is now "Days of our Lives"

    get your heads out of you collective asses and write about SPORTS

    ReplyDelete