Wednesday, October 24, 2007

NFL Divisional Power Rankings

So someone suggested this on another board I visit, and I took them up on the offer. Kind of hard to rank entire divisions, but here goes!

1. AFC South - Colts, Jags, and Titans should all challenge for a playoff spot, and the Texans are improved.

2. NFC East - Cowboys and Giants seem like the real deal. Even the Skins defense keeps them in games. And the inconsistent Eagles can still probably win quite a few games.

3. AFC North - Steelers and Ravens should battle it out to the end, but the surprising Browns give this division a better overall look.

4. NFC North - Packers look very good, Lions and Bears are somewhere between 9-7 and 7-9 I'd say, which is better than most divisions will have.

5. NFC South - Panthers and Bucs are decent, and Saints could be coming on after 2 wins in a row.

6. NFC West - Sehawks and Cardinals look a bit up and down, but have talent. Niners can be dangerous if they get healthy. Rams are beat up.

7. AFC West - Does anybody want to win this division? Broncos are losing games at home (a very bad sign), the Raiders are the Raiders, the Chargers got off to that awful start, and the Chiefs running game looks worse than Seattle's.

8. AFC East - Forget about the records of everybody in this division besides the Patriots for a second, just consider their talent and what they're going to accomplish this year. You've got 2 of the bottom 3 teams in the league in this division (Jets and Fins), and throw in the Bills, that's like 3 of the worst 10 teams in the league. Yeah, they win.

6 comments:

  1. Finally a FOOTBALL post...

    Anyway, I agree with rankings. The top tiers especially, once you get towards the bottom, you can kind of interchange parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys suck


    SUCK SUCK SUCK...POST the fucking picks on time this week.

    Pats - 4.5 COLTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys still suck..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween you lame Sports Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look, St. Ides and I have jobs. I'd love to write about how wonderful it must be for you, what with the Sawks absolutely crushing the Rockies and the Pats leaving every team looking like Hiroshima, but I can't. However, the entire IT department of the client I'm working at is currently in a meeting. That's right, the entire IT department. Plus they're all dressed up in goofy costumes. I told Mrs. Samichlaus last night that they should all come dressed as a real IT department today, but that's just me being the cynic that I am.

    Anyway, Happy Halloween dudes. I really hope the Sawks get A-Rod, just to stick one more fork into the Yankees...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want him - AFraud can goto LA!

    Hey I have a job too - but just alot more free time :). I am willing to cut you guys some slack, as long as you get the picks up this Friday

    Oh and Pats +5 COLTS now.....

    ReplyDelete