Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let's clear this up right now.


Words are powerful things. Sometimes they can be frightening…

In my vitriolic fervor last week I wrote these words: “I hope I meet him some day, because once upon a time on the PWP Forum he said that my wife looked “frightening”. I don’t think he knows the meaning of the word frightening, but he will after he meets me.”

My intent was to convey that compared to my wife I am the frightening looking one. And anyone who has ever met us can attest to the fact that (to quote Lou Gehrig) I am the luckiest man on the face of the earth. Take a look at the picture. I’m the frightening looking one wearing the PWP tee shirt. (The handsome fellow draped on my wife is Dennis, a very cool photographer in Chi-town)

Let me state unequivocally that I have no ill will, nor do I intend any ill will towards the gentleman in question. I deeply regret this misunderstanding, and sincerely apologize for the angst my poor choice of words caused.

I will make my personal apology to him, and will not discuss this matter further.

No comments:

Post a Comment