Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Sunday

Hi kids, Samichlaus here. As you know this is my busy season: the elves and I are getting the sled all filled with beer and pretzels to bring to all the good little children on Christmas morning. So with that said, I’m going to do these quick and dirty… but you can’t say that Ol’ Samichlaus stiffed ya!.

Washington (3-7) at Philadelphia (6-4) -9.5
The Eagles are one of the teams that currently holds a wild card slot (Green Bay is the other), so look for them to play hard and dominant football against their division rival. I like them at home with the points. Eagles 30 Redskins 13

Tampa Bay (1-9) at Atlanta (5-5) -11.5
Tampa has reverted back to their losing ways, and that’s because the league has a little bit of film to study of Josh Freeman. Atlanta has not lost at home, but has definitely become mediocre. 11.5 is a lot, but I’ll bite. Atlanta wins and covers. Falcons 37 Bucs 20

Seattle (3-7) at St. Louis (1-9) +3.5
Two bad teams and one home dog. Although Seattle is the better team, I’ll take the Rams. Kyle Boller gets the nod for the injured Mark Bulger, but really this might be an upgrade. St Louis 20 Seattle 17

Cleveland (1-9) at Cincinnati (7-3) -13.5
The Bengals got caught napping against the Raiders last week and it cost them. They got a little full of themselves and the end result was a loss. Meanwhile the Browns played their hearts out against the Lions but still lost. I don’t think Cinci lets that happen twice, but I’ll take the points. Cincinnati 34 Cleveland 24


Miami (5-5) at Buffalo (3-7) +3.5
Miami has started to come together, in part thanks to the rejuvenated Rickey Williams who had a career game last week. Now granted we’re taking a warm weather team and moving them to the cold, but the Fins are used to it, and they always play the Pats and Jets tough. I’ll take them and give the points: Miami 24 Buffalo 17

Indianapolis (10-0) at Houston (5-4) +3.5
A lot of people like Houston this week, and I keep waiting for the Colts to lose. But mama didn’t raise no dummies. Take the Colts. Indy 34 Houston 30

Carolina (4-6) at NY Jets (4-6) -3.5
So now I hear Rex Ryan is personally going to nurture Mark Sanchez? Gol! I do not want to see pictures of that. In fact, please get that image of Sanchez suckling one of Ryan’s manboobs out of my head. For the love of Pete… Jets 27 Panther 20

Jacksonville (6-4) at San Francisco (4-6) -3.5
After watching San Francisco against Green Bay, I’ve learned that you can’t ever count them out. I also learned that they aren’t as good as I thought they were. Jacksonville keeps winning close games, so why should this week be any different? Jags 24 Niners 23

Kansas City (3-7) at San Diego (7-3) -13.5
After a huge, huge win against the Stealers, KC takes it on the road… and loses soundly to the Bolts. More on the Pittsburgh fiasco in a bit. Samichlaus says “Two TD’s are no problem”. Chargers 37 Chiefs 13

Arizona (7-3) at Tennessee (4-6) -2.5
I love what’s happening in Tennessee, and I’m going to ride them one more week. Sure the Cardinals are a good team, better than I thought, but momentum favors the Titans. Tennessee 27 Arizona 24

Chicago (4-6) at Minnesota (9-1) -10.5
Well, I can’t do that “Jay Cutler looks more like Rick Cutler” joke because (a) I’ve already done it and (b) St. Ides is the only one who gets it. You had to know Rick. Has anyone looked at Favre’s numbers lately? The guy’s a freak! Vikings 37 Bears 13

Pittsburgh (6-4) at Baltimore (5-5) -2.5
Stick a fork in the Stealers, they’re done. Big Ben is doubtful due to a concussion but honestly who would know the difference? What KC did to them last week was beyond fathomable. Ravens 30 Stealers 13

New England (7-3) at New Orleans (10-0) -2.5
Damn! Kudos to the NFL schedule maker for bringing us this gem. I have to say, I’ll be rooting for the Pats but I’m picking the Saints. Once again, until someone proves me wrong… Saints 30 Patriots 27

No comments:

Post a Comment