Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday night football

For those of you waiting with with pee pees in hand for our take on the Thursday night game, I've decided to go ahead and post mine. Really about 5 hours ago I sent it to St. Ides with the promise that I'd have the rest of the week's picks done in "about an hour". But alas, several things have cropped up today. First of all, job one around the Samichlaus household right now is to secure one job (don't you just looove that clever play on words???), and believe or not Samichlaus is pursuing a few sweet opportunities. Second, as my beautiful wife pointed out, diabetes doesn't take days off when the weather is bad, so off I went to take my daily walk in the midst of the worst nor'easter the south has seen since Hurricane Gaston decided to come and stay for a few hours one afternoon. But I'm back and relatively dry, and so without further adeiu here is my prediction for tonights game

...and yes the link us safe.



Chicago (4-4) at San Francisco (3-5) -3.5
The Bears keep making me look bad. Why I keep picking them I have no idea, so this week I’m not picking them no way, no how. Meanwhile the Niners also have a way of confounding me, but I really really like them this week. QB controversy or no QB controversy this game comes down to coaching, and Lovie Smith has lost the Bears. Some online rag was drawing comparisions between Lovie and Mike McCarthy. Honestly, I had no idea things had deteriorated that far in Chicago. On top of all this, NFL Network has been running non stop 49rs highlights all day on "America's Game". Get the picture?  Niners 31 Bears 17

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where that hour had gone... :)

    You know, I'm not convinced that Singletary hasn't lost the Niners as well. How long before his "hardass former linebacker" act gets tiresome? And he's still talking like the Niners are a sure bet to make the playoffs. And they have no QB. The Bears keep making me wrong too, but I don't trust the Niners at all right now. Bears 27, Niners 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 - 6? WTF just happened to these two teams? Sometimes parity means teams equally suck.

    ReplyDelete